This article is to help answer what should be in a house sitter reference letter.
These are the things that we’ve put together based on:
References we’ve received.
Questions we’ve had about house sitters we’ve used.
Feedback from others…
We think this list everything that home owners for future house sits would want to know about.
What Should Be in a House Sitter Reference Letter?
At a minimum, the following should be covered:
- Duration of the house sit
- House, garden, pool, etc
- Type of animals cared for
- Communication before and during the house sit
- How the pets were cared for
- How the place was left
- Whether everything that was agreed beforehand was done
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Whether you’d be happy to have the house sitter back again, and
- Your contact details
Based on this list, we put together a House Sitting Reference Letter Template (it’s a free download)
Comment below if there’s anything we’ve missed: